Leaked footage shows Conor McGregor dominating sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi who quit before Floyd Mayweather mega-fight
The Irishman can be seen to drop the American and land heavy shots before the ‘Magic Man’ walked out of camp
Footage of the disputed sparring session between Conor McGregor and Paulie Malignaggi has leaked.
Former two-time world boxing champion Malignaggi had been helping the Dubliner prepare for the showdown with Floyd Mayweather on August 26.
But the 36-year-old American quit after he said photos posted on social media painted a false picture of the sessions.
One showed him flat on his back on the canvas as McGregor, 28, stood over him and another showed his face badly marked up.
Malignaggi, who retired from boxing in May, called on the UFC star to release footage of the spars.
Now the footage of the sparring has been posted to Twitter by UFC president Dana White – and it shows the Irishman dominating the American.
Malignaggi can be seen taking flush shots before hitting the canvas.
White wrote: “For all the people who think @TheNotoriousMMA can’t box.
“This is gonna be a FIGHT! Conor vs Paulie Malignaggi former IBF/WBA World Champion.”
In a second tweet, he added: “Here is the video everyone wanted to see of Conor vs Paulie Malignaggi former IBF and WBA World Champion @TheNotoriousMMA”
Malignaggi, now working as a boxing analyst, launched a furious response on Twitter, labelling White a b**** a**.
He then accused White of “kissing” his a** after the 12 round spar.
He admitted the footage showed McGregor in a good light, but said it was just 2 rounds of a much longer sparring session.
He wrote: “As I’ve said, we got 36 min last Tues, I’ve already explained the last 2 rounds were his. I stand by the full 36 min tho. Edit how u like.”
Earlier, the Irishman raised eyebrows at a media workout at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas on Friday by displaying a bizarre manoeuvre, violently swinging his arms from side to side.
The unusual display had the internet divided.
McGregor said his sole concern was getting the win, and that the cash was a secondary issue.
UFC lightweight champion McGregor is due to face the 40-year old Mayweather , who retied in 2015 with an unblemished 49-0, on August 26 in a 12-round super welterweight boxing bout.
“I am the face of the fight game, period. And I’ll rule over both (boxing and MMA) with an iron fist – an iron left fist,” he told reporters.
“The word (money) isn’t even in my vocabulary. I’m preparing to win, and to win in devastating fashion,” he said. “I don’t care about money.
“As long as I make my correct decisions and don’t make stupid decisions, I’m set for life.”
Wearing a robe made for him by fashion designer Donatella Versace, emblazoned with his name and “Notorious” nickname in gold on the back, McGregor said he felt in “pristine condition” as he had his hands wrapped for the workout.
“This is a fight that has been in my crosshairs since Floyd’s been opening his mouth, simple as that,” McGregor said of his decision to chase a match-up against one of the greatest boxers of all time.
Both fighters have said that the contest at the T-Mobile Arena will not go the full 12 rounds.
Mayweather told the media at his workout on Thursday that the fight going the distance would represent a victory for his 29-year-old opponent.
“You know what I heard him say yesterday? Nothing,” McGregor scoffed when asked about the statement.
“I saw a man scared, that’s what I saw, I saw a lacklustre workout, I saw a man trying to talk himself out of it. That’s what I saw.”
McGregor warmed up and then pulled on his boxing gloves, working up a sweat on a selection of punch bags for 12 three-minute rounds.
After a flurry of punches on the final bag, McGregor still had one more parting shot for boxing fans who he says are bored with how their sport.
“I just want to say to all of boxing – it’s OK to love me as much as I love me. It’s OK. Let it go,” a beaming McGregor said.
You may be interested
NYC bomb suspect: ‘Trump you failed to protect your nation’Webby - Dec 12, 2017
The suspect in the New York City subway blast posted a message to President Trump on his Facebook page just before the bungled…
Why Trump’s provocative Jerusalem move hasn’t sparked an intifadaWebby - Dec 12, 2017
Less than a week after President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, Palestinian protests have largely fizzled out. Trump's move…
Is it finally time for Tonya Harding’s public redemption?Webby - Dec 12, 2017
Everyone knows this woman: Despite her impressive accomplishments, she was criticized for her wardrobe and her hair. She rejected certain “acceptable” brands of…