Conor McGregor labels Floyd Mayweather the “dirt of the dirt” after accusations of racism in promotional world tour
The Irishman is livid after being accused of calling the American and his team “monkeys”
In 2012, Mayweather served two months of a three-month prison sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.
But during the world tour to promote McGregor’s fight with Mayweather later this month, the Irishman was accused of being racist.
He called Mayweather “boy”, a term used by white men during the slave trade, and later attempted to douse the flames by claiming he was “black bellow his belly button.”
McGregor then appeared to use the phrase “dancing monkeys” to describe black fighters in the film Rocky III.
And on Thursday, Mayweather told ESPN: “I just didn’t like when he called us monkeys.
“I think that was totally disrespect. He called us monkeys.
“I didn’t like it. It didn’t push a button to make me jump out of my character and go crazy, but I didn’t like it.”
But during his media workout on Friday, McGregor told the same outlet: “He knows there’s no racism from me; his father knows, [his manager] Leonard Ellerbe knows, ask these people.
“He says I labelled him a monkey, I never once labelled him or any other African American a monkey, and it f****** annoys me he’s bringing this stuff up.
“If i was to label him after any animal it would be a rat or a weasel, that’s a rat and a weasel move trying to manipulate someone’s words and create something that isn’t even there. That’s such a sensitive subject.
“He’s a man who beats his wife in front of his kid. He is the dirt of the dirt so to even bring that up and engage in that, that shows me his true colours.”
Footage of the disputed sparring session between McGregor and Paulie Malignaggi has been leaked.
Former two-time world boxing champion Malignaggi had been helping the Dubliner prepare for the showdown with Mayweather on August 26.
But the 36-year-old American quit after he said photos posted on social media painted a false picture of the sessions.
One showed him flat on his back on the canvas as McGregor, 28, stood over him and another showed his face badly marked up.
Malignaggi, who retired from boxing in May, called on the UFC star to release footage of the spars.
Now the footage of the sparring has been posted to Twitter by UFC president Dana White – and it shows the Irishman dominating the American.
Malignaggi can be seen taking flush shots before hitting the canvas.
You may be interested
Officials Demand Answers After Eight Found Dead at Florida Nursing HomeWebby - Sep 14, 2017
Furious officials launched investigations of a blazing hot Florida nursing home where eight people were found dead Wednesday after the building was left…
Student Killed Trying to Stop School Shooter, 3 HurtWebby - Sep 13, 2017
A disgruntled student armed with several weapons opened fire at a Washington state high school Wednesday, killing a classmate who tried to reason…
Democrats Bullish on Bernie Sanders and Single-Payer Health CareWebby - Sep 13, 2017
WASHINGTON — The last time Sen. Bernie Sanders introduced a bill to put every American in the government-run Medicare system, exactly zero of…